1. I have a very small family / limited garden space. Can I still have a biogas system installed?
Yes you can! There are different bio digesters that accommodate of both small families and small gardens. For example the LDPE-500L unit requires only 2-4 kgs of food waste to produce 4 LPG kgs equivalent of biogas per month. There are also smaller units that take up only about 15sq ft in space.
2. I’m not based in a city area. How do I contact a supplier and once the system is built, how do I seek help when requiring maintenance?
Please refer to our list of service providers who are located in your area. If there aren’t any in your area call us on our hotline on 076 6371450.
3. The initial cost is too large a one-time expenditure. What do I do?
There are a few banks that will loan you to construct biogas systems.
4. Is there financial assistance or support that I can obtain for my biogas unit?
We currently have two successful loan schemes with all branches of Regional Development Bank in the North Western Province and all 87 Sanasa Bank branches island wide.
5. How long does it take to build a biogas system?
Depends on the size and capacity of the bio digester, it could take anywhere between 1 day for a 500L LDPE system; 4 days for a 2.5 fibre dome system and 10 days to a toilet connected fixed dome system.
6. How do I install a biogas system to my existing premises?
Call any of our listed service providers and give them your requirement they will advice you on the requirements
7. What type and how much waste do you need to feed a biogas unit?
|Type of digester||Size
|Type of Waste [Input in KG and Yield = LPG kg]|
|Sri Lak Umaga||2.5||120000||15||13||10||6.25||25||9.4||n/a||n/a|
|Chinese Fixed Dome||6.0||80000||20||16||15||8||25||9||n/a||n/a|
|8.0||120000||25||22||20||13.5||30||12||1 toilet 100L||5|
|12.0||150000||35||30||30||16||45||18||2 toilets 200L||10|
|LDPE Floating Dome||0.5||50000||4||3||2||1||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|